Aurora Bella is a singer/songwriter currently based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. She performs solo as a singer-songwriter on piano, acoustic and electric guitar, and ukulele. Aurora is a charismatic performer who comes naturally to the stage. Her songs incorporate her love of storytelling, mythology, folktales, and literature with personal stories, sly humour and thoughtful reflections on deeper themes. Her dynamic groove, tasty hooks and distinct vocal style create songs that are complex, catchy, lovely and intense. Her original tunes come from an indie/folk/rock foundation that can be compared to artists like Hozier, Feist, and Regina Spektor. “I write music because I feel the emotions I’m writing about,” Aurora Bella said in a recent interview. “I try to really channel those emotions or those stories into my songs, and I think you can feel the honesty” (Star Phoenix, Oct 2020).
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf8HliamyETq8siHB22Acfg
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aurorabellamusician/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auroramusician/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/auroramusician
- Email: email@example.com
“The young indie singer-songwriter based in Saskatoon . . . has carved out a fun niche for herself. The slick vocals and smooth acoustic accompaniment pair perfectly with (her) raw lyrics.” Saskatoon Star Phoenix, Oct 16, 2020
“(Aurora) Bella’s solo style is a dreamy alt-rock kind of sound, heavy on strings and filled to the brim with creativity. Her music is plaintive and powerful, and she’s a performer to keep an eye on as her career keeps progressing. Isolation can’t stop creativity, and Bella is a great young talent.” Saskatoon Star Phoenix, Apr 23, 2020.
Select Recent Performances:
Carly Kat & Cory, Ray Elliot, and Aurora Bella, Capitol Music Club, Oct 2, 2021
Doylefest 2021, Eagle Creek Regional Park, Sept 10 – 12, 2021
Saskatoon Fringe Festival, Saskatoon, SK July 29 – August 7, 2021
Canadian Music Week 2021, Jim Beam Showcase, May 2021
TeleMiracle 45, on CTV and livestream, Feb 2021
Stripped Down LIVE, Halloween edition, Shaw TV, Oct 2020
Canadian Music Week Jim Beam National Talent Search Virtual Tour, Oct 2020
VirtualNess, Ness Creek Music Festival, July 2020
Doylefest, Eagle Creek Regional Park, Sept 2019
- In process of recording her first full length album, for release 2022.
- Currently working on a collaborative experimental/rap duo album.
- Composes original classical and electronic instrumental works as well as scores for film, and pieces for acapella choir.
- Appears in the Nov 19, 2020 edition of Planet S’s My Music personal playlist column. Listen to the playlist here: Planet S Playlist.
- Featured artist on the October 2020 song Homage to the Groove from the album You Would Not BELIEVE What Comes Next… by Saskatoon artist Ghost Note.
- Rock the Mission, Girls Rock Camp Instructor, 2020.
- Graduate of the Gulf Islands School of the Performing Arts (GISPA) on Salt Spring Island, BC.
- Scored the soundtrack for Pizza Run, semi-finalist entry in 2019’s Run N’ Gun, Vancouver’s 48 Hour Film Competition.