Aurora Bella is a singer/songwriter currently based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. She performs solo as a singer-songwriter on piano, acoustic and electric guitar, and ukulele. Aurora is a charismatic performer who comes naturally to the stage. Her songs incorporate her love of storytelling, mythology, folktales, and literature with personal stories, sly humour and thoughtful reflections on deeper themes. Her dynamic groove, tasty hooks and distinct vocal style create songs that are complex, catchy, lovely and intense. Her original tunes come from an indie/folk/rock foundation that can be compared to artists like Hozier, Feist, and Regina Spektor.
Her upcoming solo album (expected release 2021) will allow her work to be fully realized in production, with layers of vocals, percussion, bass, strings and keys. “I write music because I feel the emotions I’m writing about,” Aurora Bella said in a recent interview. “I try to really channel those emotions or those stories into my songs, and I think you can feel the honesty”(Star Phoenix, Oct 2020).
“The young indie singer-songwriter based in Saskatoon . . . has carved out a fun niche for herself. The slick vocals and smooth acoustic accompaniment pair perfectly with (her) raw lyrics.” Saskatoon Star Phoenix, Oct 16, 2020
“(Aurora) Bella’s solo style is a dreamy alt-rock kind of sound, heavy on strings and filled to the brim with creativity. Her music is plaintive and powerful, and she’s a performer to keep an eye on as her career keeps progressing. Isolation can’t stop creativity, and Bella is a great young talent.” Saskatoon Star Phoenix, Apr 23, 2020.
- Performing on CTV and live stream in TeleMiracle 45! The 20 hour telethon show starts at 9pm February 27-28, 2021!
- In process of recording her first full length album for release in 2021.
- Currently working on a collaborative experimental/rap duo album for release in 2021.
- Composes original classical and electronic instrumental works as well as scores for film, and pieces for acapella choir.
- Appears in the Nov 19, 2020 edition of Planet S’s My Music personal playlist column. Listen to the playlist here: Planet S Playlist.
- Featured artist on the October 2020 song Homage to the Groove from the album You Would Not BELIEVE What Comes Next… by Saskatoon artist Ghost Note.
- Rock the Mission, Girls Rock Camp Instructor, 2020.
- Graduate of the Gulf Islands School of the Performing Arts (GISPA) on Salt Spring Island, BC.
- Scored the soundtrack for Pizza Run, semi-finalist entry in 2019’s Run N’ Gun, Vancouver’s 48 Hour Film Competition.
Selected Recent Performances:
Stripped Down LIVE, Halloween edition, Shaw TV, Oct 2020:
Canadian Music Week Jim Beam National Talent Search Tour, Oct 2020:
Albertfest Socially Distanced Block Party, Saskatoon, Aug 2020:
VirtualNess, Ness Creek Music Festival, July 2020
Black Cat Open Mic Finals, Jan 2020
Doylefest, Sept 2019